Each employee, student and intern returning from a trip outside Canada is required to observe a 14-day mandatory isolation period, as prescribed by Public Health.
The Government of Quebec has imposed several measures to limit the contagion and protect the health of the population, such as containment for people over 70 years of age and shutting down educational institutions and non-essential businesses. Younger, healthy people who go outdoors must keep a distance of two metres from anyone they meet. Gatherings should be avoided.
If you experience flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing), call toll-free 1-877-644-4545 (Coronavirus Info Line) immediately. Additional phone lines have been added for certain regions of Quebec.
Notify the director of your research centre if :
- you go to a clinic designated for COVID-19 testing and your result is positive;
- you have travelled to a country affected by COVID-19;
- you have been in contact with someone who has travelled to a country affected by COVID-19.
For more information on the symptoms and prevention of COVID-19, see the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Government of Québec.
The Government of Quebec recommends that certain basic health guidelines be followed to avoid spreading COVID-19 :
- Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Observe good hygiene when coughing or sneezing:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, throw it away as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- If you are sick, avoid contact with people who are more vulnerable, including the elderly and people with chronic illnesses. For example, avoid visiting people in hospitals, long-term care facilities or private homes.
- Avoid direct contact for greetings, such as handshakes, and use alternative practices.
For more information, visit the Instructions and directives of the Government of Québec.
Relevant links on COVID-19