The program is designed to support students and postdoctoral fellows who must comply with mandatory quarantine requirements upon arrival in Canada.
Description of the available assistance
The allowance consists of a flat-rate amount of $1,500 to each recipient to help cover additional expenses during the mandatory quarantine period, such as:
- the use of more secure domestic transportation upon arrival;
- the rental of a hotel or quarantine facility;
- the cost of delivery of any basic necessities;
- the cost of food if access to a suitable kitchen is not possible.
- Be registered full-time in a master’s or doctoral program at INRS, or complete a postdoctoral fellowship at INRS.
- Have arrived in Canada after May 1, 2020 and have been required to place himself/herself in quarantine.
- Not have left Canada since the introduction of the mandatory quarantine measures on March 25, 2020, unless required by immigration or because his/her program of study at INRS required it.
Obtaining and paying the allowance
Eligible candidates must request the allowance to the Studies and Student Life Service (Service des études et de la vie étudiante) by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application documents are required, but proof of arrival in Canada or confirmation from the supervisor might be requested.
The allowance will generally be paid by bank transfer to a Canadian bank account.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Studies and Student Life Service at email@example.com.