The program is designed to support students and postdoctoral fellows who must comply with mandatory quarantine requirements upon arrival in Canada.
Description of the available assistance
The allowance consists of a flat-rate amount of $1,500 to each recipient to help cover additional expenses during the mandatory quarantine period, such as:
- the use of more secure domestic transportation upon arrival;
- the rental of a hotel or quarantine facility;
- the cost of delivery of any basic necessities;
- the cost of food if access to a suitable kitchen is not possible.
- Be registered full-time in a master’s or doctoral program at INRS, or complete a postdoctoral fellowship at INRS.
- Have arrived in Canada between May 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021 and have been required to place himself/herself in quarantine.
Obtaining and paying the allowance
Eligible candidates must request the allowance to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Service (GPSS) by writing to email@example.com. No application documents are required, but proof of arrival in Canada or confirmation from the supervisor might be requested.
The allowance may be paid by bank transfer or by prepaid credit card.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.