An armed individual is a person with a gun, knife, or other object and whose behaviour could put the safety of the building occupants at risk or who could intentionally cause injuries or damage.
If there is an armed individual in the building:
- If there are gunshots, move away quickly in the opposite direction.
- Leave the building without stopping to collect your personal belongings. Keep you hands visible.
- Follow the lockdown procedure.
If you come face to face with an armed individual:
- Do not make eye contact.
- Act submissive.
- Do not try to talk to the person.
- Stay calm and do not shout.
- Leave the space and disengage.
- If you can, call 911 and follow instructions