INRS is ready to welcome its student community in the greatest respect of the sanitary measures and rules issued by the Direction de la santé publique and by the government of Quebec.
Update : August 31, 2021
FALL TERM 2021
Updated guidelines for a safe in-person return to school
Following the recent directives issued by the Government of Quebec on the epidemiological situation, please find below the latest updates with regard to our activities to ensure a safe return to school.
- For all members of the INRS community, the wearing of a procedure mask remains mandatory at all times, including in classrooms, laboratories and libraries. It may be removed only to eating or drinking in designated areas. A person alone, in a closed room, may also remove their mask.
- Procedural masks will continue to be provided free of charge to all community members at all campus entrances.
- A physical distance of one meter shall be maintained for all community members.
- In classrooms, a distance of less than a meter will be allowed for members of the student community, who must maintain their procedural masks. Faculty members who remove their masks to give their classes will be required to maintain a distance of two meters in compliance with the standards issued by the CNESST.
- In laboratories, when the one-meter distance cannot be maintained, students and staff will have to add an additional personal protection to the procedural mask, namely a face shield.
- As of September 1st, the vaccination passport will apply to certain activities deemed non-essential and at high risk of spreading COVID-19, namely sports, cultural and social activities. In addition, partners and guests will also be required to show their vaccination passport to access INRS facilities. Details regarding vaccination passport verification will be communicated at a later date.
- For international students, please note that some additional rules apply. We invite you to consult them and make sure you respect them before the start of the new school year.
- Please note that the welcoming activities related to the beginning of the school year and planned in the centers are maintained, in accordance with the instructions issued by public health authorities.
If you have any questions or comments, we invite you to directly reach out to the management of your center or administrative unit. You can also visit the COVID-19 section on our website or send an email to email@example.com.
Request for admission
Deferral of a new admission, if necessary and without penalty, is possible. To do so, the request must be addressed to the Registrar’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Subject to the directives issued by the Quebec Public Health Department (Santé publique du Québec), Fall Term 2021 will be as follows:
- All graduate programs are offered in Fall term.
- Attendance, laboratory and field research activities will be in accordance with the standards adopted by the National Public Health of Quebec.
Fall Term 2021
- Classes will begin on September 7, 2021 and will be offered in attendance.
A lump sum payment of $100 per term for students
Back to school
When the Québec budget was tabled on March 25, 2021, a lump sum of $100 per term was announced for full-time college and university students. The measure was aimed at acknowledging the difficulties experienced by the students during the COVID-19 health crisis during the fall 2020 term and the winter 2021 term.
Eligible students are invited to complete the application form which has been available on the INRS’s IDÉ portal since July 2, 2021.
Lump sum payments has been started electronically since mid-September 2021, based on the order in which applications was received. Please note that payments will be sent out over several weeks.
This amount will not affect other forms of student financial assistance, such as loans and bursaries.
Also note that the eligibility criteria for the lump sum payment have been expanded. For more information, please go to Quebec government website.
Students who wish to apply using a printable form (PDF) Student Lump Sum Application form can send their document to the registrar’s office at our educational institution at email@example.com
For more information on the application procedure and eligibility criteria, please go to the Quebec.ca’s webpage.
Questions about the conditions on maintaining education activities? Contact the Registrar's Office.