The successful applicant will work on an exciting research program that has the potential to push sustainable energy technologies beyond their current limits. This program will specifically focus on designing efficient and affordable materials for sustainable catalysis and/or fuel cell applications by manipulating inevitable disorder present in materials. This critical research problem will be tackled with the aid of advanced modeling techniques (capable of analyzing materials from nano- to electronic- scales and under practical conditions), interdisciplinary approach, and experimental collaborations. The person appointed will work as part of a newly established interdisciplinary team focused on developing novel energy materials and will have access to world-class computational facilities and collaborations.
- Computational materials design
- Sustainable energy, Disordered materials,
- Fuel cells
- Quantum and classical mechanics simulations
Kulbir Ghuman, professor
PhD in Science and Materials (French description)
All students are entitled to receive financial support during their graduate studies. Moreover, students are also invited to apply for external scholarships from FRQNT, NSERC, etc.
- Applicant should have a degree (M.Sc.) in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or equivalent and must be fluent in English or French (orally as well as in written).
- He/She should be able to work independently as well as with a team. His/Her ability to demonstrate critical and independent thinking will be invaluable assets.
Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications Research Centre
1650, boul. Lionel-Boulet
Varennes, Québec G3X 1S2
How to apply
Interested persons can submit their application to Kulbir Kaur Ghuman in one PDF file by using the online form. Please mention if you are an international or a domestic (Canadian citizen/ permanent resident) candidate. The application must include:
- detailed CV
- cover letter
- academic record
- statement of interest
- and the contact details of at least one reference