All INRS students have access to their record in the IDÉ academic portal. This record contains their personal information as well as information related to their academic progress. Your student record will be useful for:
Your username and password to access the IDÉ academic portal will be sent to you by email by your research center’s student records contact at the same time as you are invited to register for the first time at INRS.
1. You must register for each term until your final thesis submission or graduation. You will receive an email each term containing the necessary information on how to register.
Your registration will be blocked if you have an outstanding balance of $100 or more. If this happens, please contact the Finance Department (email@example.com) to pay the amount owing or work out a payment plan.
International students will be unable to register if one of the following documents is due to expire before the end of term: CAQ, study permit, RAMQ card (if the student has one).
2. Choose your courses and activities. When you register in the IDÉ academic portal, it is possible to consult the available courses. Course descriptions are also available in the Find a graduate program directory (available in French only). In the program file, see the Courses tab.
3. Update your contact information, if required.
4. Pay your tuition fees as soon as you receive the invoice. Pay by credit card, cheque, or deduction from your scholarship.
5. Present your research objectives, for a master’s degree or a PhD, at the beginning of term. The objectives will then be evaluated at the end of term.
To obtain a proof of full-time study or an official transcript, you must complete the online request for official documents form.
Do you need to take a break from your studies? You can suspend your studies for a maximum of three terms (exluding parental leave). Talk to your research supervisor.
Note: A leave of absence affects the support you receive and your ability to work if you are a temporary resident.
As long as you act by the deadlines indicated in the academic calendar, you can change your registration and get a refund, or withdraw from classes without failure.
An acadmic year is divided into three terms: fall, winter, ans summer. See the academic calendar for term start and end dates, holidays, and course change and withdrawal deadlines.
Choice and change of supervisor, thesis committee proposal, thesis submission and evaluation report forms, and more: you will find all the forms you need for your studies on the INRS French website, Documents et formulaires utiles pour les études supérieures
This online glossary (in French) will help you understand the French terms related to your studies.
Social security agreements with other countries (RAMQ – Quebec government website)
Register for health insurance (RAMQ – Quebec government website)
You have primary responsibility for the success of your research project. So it’s important to make sure you have all the information you need, starting with the Guide to graduate studies. In addition to walking you through your first steps at university, it also tells you how to approach each stage of your academic journey.
Open communication with your research supervisor is key to success. It’s normal for your opinions to differ from time to time or for misunderstandings to occur, but it’s important to be able to talk about them.
In the event of a dispute, or if you are having trouble communicating, notify your program director. If you have a complaint about supervision, you can contact the Student Life and Academic Services (in French).
Questions? Please contact the Registrar's Office.