Back to top

Useful Documents and Forms for Graduate Studies

Here are all the forms and documents you will need to make your studies and research project a success.

Academic certificate or transcript

To obtain a certificate of enrolment, a certificate of completion, or a transcript, simply fill out our online form (in French only).

Course modifications and withdrawals

As long as you act by the deadlines indicated in the academic calendar, you can change your registration and get a refund, or withdraw from classes without failure. An academic year is divided into three terms: fall, winter and summer. Check the academic calendar for important dates (beginning and end of term, change or drop deadlines, vacations).

Leave of absence

Do you need to take a break from your studies? You can suspend your studies for a maximum of three terms (exluding parental leave). Talk to your research supervisor.

Note: A leave of absence affects the support you receive and your ability to work if you are a temporary resident.

Extending studies

Want to extend your study program? You must fill out the form in the “Prolongations” [Extensions] section of the IDÉ academic portal.

Proof of registration transcripts

To obtain a proof of full-time study or an official transcript, you must complete the online request for official documents form.

Student exchanges

Would you like to complete part of your studies at another university in Québec? You can thanks to our inter-university agreement.

  • A student from another Québec university (host university) may take courses at INRS and benefit from a maximum of transfer credits, which varies depending on the regulations of the home and the host universities.
  • An INRS (home university) student may take courses at a recognized university if those courses fit into their program of study. Your student file must be in good standing with INRS before you make the transfer request.

Transfer requests are for regular students. You will receive an answer to your application a few days before the start of the semester in question. Find out more about the Agreement between Québec universities to approve studies at an external institution.

How to apply

You must fill in an inter-university transfer authorization form, have it approved by your program director, then submit it electronically to INRS’s Registrar’s Office and, if applicable, to the host university. The form can be accessed and downloaded from the Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire (BCI) website. Fill in the form

To help you with your application, two guides are available on the BCI’s website:

If you have any questions, please contact us at

Research supervisor and co-supervisor

Choosing the right person to lead you through graduate training will shape your time at INRS and, in the long run, your career. Along the way, you may want to change research supervisor. Fill out the form that applies to your situation and send it to the person in charge to receive appropriate follow-up.

Submitting thesis

Here is all the information you will need to submit your thesis or internship report.

Jury proposal and evaluation reports

To propose a jury for the evaluation of an internship report or a thesis, log on to the IDÉ academic portal and access the “Proposition de jury” [Jury Proposal] section.

The reviewers and jury members will be asked to evaluate your research. Here are the forms they will need based on your program of study:

please take note

The Registrar’s Office and the Graduate Studies and Student Success Service are responsible for graduate pathway guides and all documentation to support the student community and faculty through each stage of a graduate program.

Soutien informatique

Writing and presenting research projects

Presenting the results of your graduate project in writing is an important task that takes a lot of time and preparation. You will also need to follow certain best practices when writing your internship report.

To that end, we have created two guides to help you write and present your internship report or thesis. You can find them on our Specialized Documentation and Information Services (SDIS) website (in French).

Have questions? Please contact the Registrar's Office.