Back to top

Financial Support during Parental Leave

All student members and research staff of the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) have access to financial support during their parental leave.

If you become a parent during your studies, you may be able to take advantage of the new financial support program for parental responsibilities related to a birth or an adoption for the student community and staff under grant (PDF, available in French only). INRS is the only university institution in Quebec to offer this type of support.

To benefit from this program, you must have been studying at INRS for one year and receive a scholarship from INRS. Students who are employees of INRS are also eligible.

Soutien financier parent Financial Aid

Signing up for the program

1. Read the program rules (PDF, available in French only) to see if you qualify.

2. Fill out the application form (PDF, available in French only).

3. Submit your completed form. If you are a student member, send your form to If you are a research staff member, send your form to You can also send any questions to those email addresses.

This innovative program, launched on March 1, 2021, is part of a pilot project that will run until February 28, 2022. It is in line with INRS’s commitment to provide its students and research staff, as well as its entire community, an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment.

Research and training environments must be free from all types of discrimination. They must contribute to the completion and success of study and research projects, and improve the working conditions of research staff.

Any questions? Depending on your status, you can contact the Studies and Student Life Service or the Human Resources Department.